14th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 14th March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
World Kidney Day 2019 is observed on 14th March
- World Kidney Day 2019 is observed on 14th March every year all across the world in order to raise public awareness about kidneys importance and its contributions to the overall health.
- The theme of the World Kidney Day 2019 is Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere.
MR Kumar appointed as LIC Chairman
The government appointed MR Kumar as the Chairman of Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) and Vipin Anand and TC Suseel Kumar as the managing directors (MDs). MD Hemant Bhargava had been named interim chairman after VK Sharma’s retirement on December 31, 2018. LIC’s executive board comprises of one chairman and four managing directors.
Krishna Kumari Kohli becomes the first Thari Hindu woman to be elected to the Senate of Pakistan
- the first Thai Hindu woman Krishna Kumari Kohli is also to be elected to the Pakistan Senate. On 8th March 2019, which was celebrated as the International Women’s Day, she chaired the session of the Upper House of Parliament.
India Smart Utility Week 2019 inaugurated by AK Bhalla
- Conference and Exhibition on Smart Energy, Smart Grid and Smart Cities India Smart Utility Week (ISUW 2019)organized by India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF) were inaugurated by Shri AK Bhalla, Secretary, Ministry of Power, Government of India in New Delhi.
Wipro opens third industrial IoT center in Kochi
IT major Wipro Ltd opened its center of excellence for Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) in Kochi in Kerala. Using Artificial Intelligence (AI), blockchain and robotics, the center will develop proofs of concept and market-ready IoT solutions.
Austrian capital Vienna named ‘most liveable’ for the 10th year
- Those top five cities in consulting firm Mercer’s 2019 Quality of Living Ranking published recently were unchanged.
India bans Boeing 737 MAX 8 planes after the Ethiopian Airlines crash
The airlines affected by this are SpiceJet which has 13 jets of the model 8 variant and Jet Airways which has 5 jets of this variant.
EU has added 10 countries in the Tax blacklist
- The European Union has expanded its tax haven blacklist by including 10 countries. now has 15 countries.
- Seven countries Aruba, Belize, Bermuda, Fiji, Oman, Vanuatu, and Dominica were moved from greylist to blacklist due to their inability towards reform commitments.
- Three other countries added into the list are Barbados, the United Arab Emirates, and the Marshall Islands.
India ranks 16th in terms of the highest number of impacted species in hotspots
- India was ranked 16th in the world in terms of the highest number of impacted species in biodiversity-rich zones (also known as hotspots) due to human actions.
- India, 35 species affected on an average in biodiversity-rich zones.
- Southeast Asian tropical forests — including those in India’s the Western Ghats, Himalaya, and north-east are among the ‘hotspots’ of threatened species
The UK issued a Blackhole Coin to commemorate Stephen Hawking
- The United Kingdom has commemorated Professor Stephen Hawking in a new 50p coin.
- Black Hole Coin The commemorative coin aims to celebrate the life and “ground-breaking” achievements of Hawking, who passed away in 2018. It is a commemorative coin and not for circulation as currency.
- The coin features Hawkins’s name in capital letters above a rippling drawing of concentric circles, intended to represent a black hole.
- The coin is available in gold, silver, and a double thickness silver version called a piedfort. The coin has been released by UK’s Royal Mint.
Over 12 Indian states banned e-cigarettes or “vapes”
- Following an advisory from the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare issued in 2018, Twelve states across India have banned Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) or e-cigarettes.
- States of Punjab, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, and Jharkhand have taken steps to ban the use of ENDS.
NASA to send women to Mars
- NASA, the US Space agency, said that the first person to set foot on Mars is likely to be a woman. It said that women are at the forefront of the U.S. space agency’s upcoming plans.
Chennai to get second greenfield airport
- The Tamil Nadu government has finally taken the first step towards building the second greenfield airport near Chennai.
- Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (Tidco) Limited has issued a Request for Proposal to appoint a consultant for preparing a draft report and identify potential sites near the city.
President awarded to Army Personnel :Three Kirti Chakras and 15 Shaurya Chakras
- President Ram Nath Kovind conferred 3 Kirti Chakras and 15 Shaurya Chakras to Armed Forces Personnel for displaying conspicuous gallantry, indomitable courage and extreme devotion to duty at the Defence Investiture Ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
Army Chief Bipin Rawat receives PVSM from President
- President Ram Nath Kovind today conferred 3 Kirti Chakras and 15 Shaurya Chakras to Armed Forces Personnel for displaying conspicuous gallantry, indomitable courage and extreme devotion to duty.
Ved Rahi will be awarded Kusumagraj Rashtriya Sahitya Puruskar
- The award is instituted after Jnanpith-laureate Marathi poet and playwright late V V Shirwadkar, popularly known as “Kusumagraj”.
Special Olympics World Games 2019 begins at Abu Dhabi in UAE
- Hosts UAE will field its largest-ever squad of athletes at a World Games, followed by India and the United States.
Indian Oil retain Gold Cup Hockey crown
Indian Oil retained their Bombay Gold Cup Hockey crown after fighting back from the brink to overcome Punjab and Sind Bank (PSB) 9-7 via the penalty shootout in the summit clash in Mumbai.
- Bharat Petroleum’s 18-year-old forward Darshan Gawkarwas adjudged as the most promising player of the tournament and received a cheque of Rs 10,000 awarded by the Sports Journalists’ Association of Mumbai.
Former Indian pacer VRV Singh retires
VRV Singh, the Indian pacer announced his retirement who just played five Test matches in 2006-07, after a career constantly hampered by injury.
The 34-year-old also played two ODI matches for India along with five Tests as part of a new-look Indian pace attack.
WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle announces retirement
- WWE legend Kurt Angle has announced he will retire at WrestleMania 35 next month. The 50-year-old Hall of Famer confirmed his “farewell match” will take place at WWE’s biggest show of the year, on April 7 at the MetLife Stadium.