14th February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 14th February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. Indian Army carried out the annual exercise named ‘Exercise Topchi’, Macedonia officially changed its name to North Macedonia about North Macedonia, Cobra Gold, one of the world’s largest multinational military exercises, kicks off in Thailand
Indian Army carried out the annual exercise named ‘Exercise Topchi’
- Indian army demonstrated its artillery firepower, aviation, and surveillance capacity at the annual ‘Exercise Topchi’ at Deolali Camp near Nashik.
- The Army’s aviation assets included the indigenous advanced light helicopter, light combat helicopter, Cheetah & Chetak helicopters, it added.
- The precision of delivering the explosives in the target area, the coordination and timings of the firepower stunned all those present.
- The latest ultra-light Howitzer M-777, self-propelled gun K-9 Vajra and indigenous Swathi weapon-locating radar were demonstrated.
Macedonia officially changed its name to North Macedonia about North Macedonia
♦ Capital – Skopje
♦ Currency – Macedonian Denar
♦ President – Gjorge Ivanov
P Chidambaram’s book “Undaunted: Saving the Idea of India” launched by Hamid Ansari
Former Vice President Hamid Ansari launched the new book of former Finance Minister P Chidambaram named
The book is a collection of essays on the country’s atmosphere of fear and how the constitutional values are being threatened.
Cobra Gold, one of the world’s largest multinational military exercises, kicks off in Thailand
- One of the world’s largest and longest-running international military exercises officially began this week in Thailand.
- This is the 38th annual Cobra Gold exercise, is co-sponsored by the Royal Thai and U.S armed forces. They are joined by another 27 nations, including Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea, and Singapore.
Clouded Leopard to be Mascot of national Games 2022
- Clouded Leopard, the state animal of Meghalaya will be the mascot for the National Games 2022.
- Clouded Leopard is one of the wild cats that inhabit the forests of Garo, Khasi, and Jaintia Hills.
England’s World Cup-winning goalkeeper Gordon Banks dies aged 81
- Gordon Banks, the goalkeeper in England’s 1966 World Cup-winning team, has died at the age of 81.
- Banks denied Brazil’s Pele with a spectacular diving effort, which later became known as the “save of the century
PM Modi launches several development projects for Haryana
- The event was attended by woman sarpanchas and women associated with the ‘Swachhta’ campaign from across the country.
- Mr. Modi distributed the ‘Swachh Shakti 2019’ awards on the occasion.
The union cabinet has approved the continuation of sub-schemes under Umbrella program for the development of Scheduled Tribes from the period till March 2020.
Over 10 crores Scheduled Tribe people will benefit from it.
The total layout for the program is 11,900 crore rupees.
He was responsible for a huge turnaround of the Eicher Motors after he had taken over the reins in 2006.
- Chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes, Sushil Chandra, has been appointed as the new Election Commissioner.
With his appointment, the Election Commission now has Sunil Arora as the Chief Election Commissioner and Ashok Lavasa and Sushil Chandra as fellow commissioners.
- Global card payments company MasterCard appointed Sachin Mehra as the company’s new Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
He is going to replace Martina Hund-Mejean on 1st April 2019.