13th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 13th March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
Rakesh Makhija appointed as new Chairman of Axis Bank
- Axis Bank has appointed Rakesh Makhija as Non-Executive Chairman for a period of 3 years. He will take over from Sanjiv Misra when his term ends on July 17.
- Makhija is also the Chairman of the bank’s Nomination and Remuneration Committee. The appointment will be effective from July 18, 2019 till July 17, 2022.
A K Misra appointed as Chairman of ASRB
- Aditya Kumar Misra, who is a veterinary scientist specializing in economically significant diseases of goat is the acting Vice Chancellor of the GB Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, country’s first agricultural university.
Madhya Pradesh government appoints former MoS ‘Computer Baba’ as head of river trust
- The Congress government in Madhya Pradesh has appointed self-styled godman Namdev Tyagi, also known as Computer Baba, as chairman of a river trust in the State.
- The State spiritual department passed the order of appointing Mr Tyagi as head of the‘Ma Narmada, Ma Kshipra and Ma Mandakini Rivers Trust’ a few days back.
Nanoo Pamnani will take over as the new Chairman of Bajaj Finserv.
- Vice-ChairmanNanoo Pamnani will take over as the new Chairman of Bajaj Finserv.
- Leading industrialist Rahul Bajaj will step down as the Chairman and Non-Executive Director of Bajaj Finserv. However, he will continue to serve the company as Chairman Emeritus.
Bajaj Finserv Headquarters: Pune
- Earlier this month, India’s External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj made history by becoming the first Indian invitee to an OIC summit, when she delivered an address at the OIC foreign ministers’ meeting in Abu Dhabi.
OIC Headquarters: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4th Internet of Things India Congress to be held in Bengaluru
The 4th IoT India Congress, an event which will see digital technology leaders converge to discuss and explore business opportunities in mainstreaming Internet of Things (IoT), will be held in Bengaluru in August 2019.
- The IoT India Congress 2019will include tracks on segments such as healthcare, manufacturing, telecom, smart cities, energy, retail, cybersecurity, skills and development, IoT Standards, legal and regulatory, and agriculture.
GoDaddy partners with ICC as an official sponsor for Cricket World Cup 2019
Website hosting company GoDaddy announced its partnership with International Cricket Council (ICC) as an official sponsor for the upcoming men’s cricket World Cup. The 2019 World Cup will be held in the UK from May 30 to July 14.
- Under the partnership, GoDaddy will get visibility on the ground, perimeter of the boundary, side screen, placards during the matches.
Bank of Baroda becomes one of the first PSBs to launch creche/day-care facility for employees children.
- The bank will bear 60% of the cost incurred every month and rest 40% will be borne by the parents.
Sundarban Reserve Forest now a Wetland of International Importance
- The wetland designation, India’s 27th, under the Ramsar Convention, will help increase the visibility of the region on international platforms as also enhance international co-operation between India and Bangladesh in the wise use of the wetlands.
- Ramsar Convention is the only international treaty focused on wetlands. The last Indian site that was designated as a Wetland of International Importance was Gujarat’s Nalsarovar Bird Sanctuary in 2012.
Erode turmeric of Tamil Nadu gets GI tag
- The Erode Manjal Vanigargal Matrum Kidangu Urimaiyalargal Sanghamapplied for the GI tag in January, 2011, at the office of the Deputy Registrar of GI Registry in Chennai.
- A Geographical Indication is a name or sign used on certain products that correspond to a specific geographical location or origin.
Experts from India and University of Birmingham collaborate to tackle air pollution
Experts from the University of Birmingham and policy makers and researchers from India announced a collaboration to jointly develop strategies to resolve health, social and economic issues linked to air pollution in Delhi.
- Delegates at a two-day workshop, convened by experts of the University of Birmingham and the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi, called for air quality metrics to be incorporated into several of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Indias first LGBTQ Clinic and HIV treatment centre inaugurated by Humsafar Trust in Mumbai
- The first HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) treatment centre and holistic clinic for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) by Humsafar trust in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The founder of Humsafar Trust, Ashok Row Kavi announced that the center will be open for all and it will give provide counseling
Italy bans unvaccinated children from school.
- All parents have been warned not to send their children to school unless they’ve been properly vaccinated, while children under the age of six can be turned away altogether.
Venezuela’s parliament declared a ‘state of alarm’ as the power outage entered its fifth day.
- Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro has blamed the US for the blackout, claiming it attacked its main hydroelectric plant in Guri.
- The lack of electricity has affected the water and food supply and also left patients without proper treatment in hospitals.
WHO released the Global Influenza Strategy 2019-2030
- The aim of the strategy is to prevent seasonal influenza, control the spread of influenza from animals to humans, and prepare for the next influenza pandemic.
India-Bangladesh Jointly Inaugurated 4 Development Projects
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina, jointly unveiled e-plaques for development projects in Bangladesh, through video conferencing.
This was the sixth such video conference between PM Modi and Prime Minister Hasina.
E-plaques were unveiled for the following 4 development projects: Supply of buses and trucks, Inauguration of 36 community clinics, Inauguration of 11 water treatment plants, and Extension of National Knowledge Network to Bangladesh.
Facebook launched Facebook Hubs to aid startups
- Facebook launched ‘Facebook Hubs’ at 20 locations in India to support the start-up ecosystem in the country. These hubs will help foster innovation and support for the community by hosting mentor hours and trainings, workshops, roundtable discussions.
Vastradan Campaign has set the Guinness World Record
- Vastradan Campaign initiated by the erstwhile royal family of Udaipur has set the Guinness World Record for the largest collection of clothes for donation.