13th February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 13th February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. The first joint initiative signed between India and Norway to combat Marine Pollution., world radio day and Two days International Dam Safety Conference 2019 starts in Bhubaneswar.
World Radio Day
- 13th February 2019 Daily Current Affairs |13th February is celebrated as World Radio Day by The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) all over the world.
- The theme of WRD 2019 is “Dialogue, Tolerance, and Peace”.
First joint initiative signed between India and Norway to combat Marine Pollution.
Indian Historian Sanjay Subrahmanyam won Israel’s prestigious Dan David Prize in the category ‘Past time dimension’ for his work in macro-history.
Mr. Subrahmanyam is a recipient of the Infosys Prize for Humanities and holds the Irving and Jean Stone Endowed Chair in Social Sciences at the University of California.
CREDAI’s Event ‘YouthCon-19’ held in New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the CREDAI YouthCon -19 in New Delhi Talkatora Stadium.
- The event is organized by the Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Association of India, CREDAI. The theme for this YouthCon is ‘Next Generation’.
Two days International Dam Safety Conference 2019 starts in Bhubaneswar
- The 5th International Dam Safety Conference–2019 will be held in Bhubaneswar.
- Dam Safety Conferences are being organized as an annual event in different DRIP States in collaboration with the Implementing Agencies and leading academic institutes to provide a common platform for all stakeholders including non-DRIP States.
Uttarakhand to get a national law university
- The Centre has decided to set up a national law university in Uttarakhand. This is a big step toward making Uttarakhand a quality education hub.
- India has 21 national law universities, admissions to which are held through a Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).
Modern Animal Husbandry park to be set up in TN
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K. Palaniswami said a multi-disciplinary animal husbandry park will be set up in Salem district, Tamilnadu.
- The proposed park will have an advanced veterinary hospital and modern cattle, poultry, domestic dog, bull breeds, sheep, goat farms to explain to the farmers about their scientific rearing.
BOOK “Let’s Talk On Air: Conversations with Radio Presenters” by Rakesh Anand Bakshi launched
- The book titled “Let’s Talk On Air: Conversations with Radio Presenters” has been authored by Rakesh Anand Bakshi, was launched on World Radio Day (WRD-2019) on February 13 in Mumbai.
- This book is depicted as a comprehensive guide on radio-presenting in India.
- This book explains the lives of 14 popular radio presenters in India from the legendary Ameen Sayani to present-day RJs who have been entertaining us via the airwaves.
- Ashwani Lohani, a retired bureaucrat, has been appointed the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of national carrier Air India in New Delhi.
Lohani held the position for around two years from 2015. He retired on December 31, 2018.
- The government-appointed Air India CMD Pradeep Singh Kharola as the new Civil Aviation Secretary.
Telugu Director Vijaya Bapineedu passes away
Prominent Telugu film director-producer Vijaya Bapineedu, who gave several hits to megastar Chiranjeevi, passed away in Hyderabad. He was 83. He made films with Chiranjeevi, Sobhan Babu, Krishna and other leading heroes of yesteryear.
- His movie ‘Gang Leader’ starring Chiranjeevi was a blockbuster. It was successfully remade in Hindi as ‘Aaj Ka Goondaraj’ with Chiranjeevi in the lead.
Exercise Rahat´ concluded in Jaipur on 12th February
On 12th February 2019, Joint Humanitarian Assistance It was demonstrated in Jaipur, Kota, and Alwar in Rajasthan.