12th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 12th March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
- This day was first observed on 12 March 2008 at the request of Reporters Without Borders and Amnesty International.
30th anniversary of the World Wide Web (WWW).
12th March observed as the 30th anniversary of the World Wide Web (WWW).
Inventor of WWW : Tim Berners-Lee,
PM attended 50th Raising Day celebrations of CISF
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the 50th Raising Day celebrations of Central Industrial Security Forces (CISF), at Indirapuram in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Central Industrial Security Forces (CISF) came into existence in 1969 with three battalions.
C Lalsawta sworn in as the 1st Lokayukta of Mizoram
Retired IAS officer C Lalsawta was sworn-in as the first Chairman of the newly-constituted Lokayukta in Mizoram. He was sworn-in at the Raj Bhawan in Aizawl. State governor Jagdish Mukhi administered the oath of office to Lalsawta.
- Lalsawta is a 1981 batch Bihar cadre IAS officer. He was the principal secretary of the finance department in the state from 2008 to 2011.
The Jammu and Kashmir Governor administration has appointed “Metro Man” E Sreedharan as Principal advisor for two Mass Rapid Transit Corporations (MRTCs) in the state.
Sanjana Singh appointed as 1st transgender in the state to get a government job.
- Sanjana Singh, a transgender woman, has been appointed as the Personal secretary to the Director of Madhya Pradesh’s Department of Social Justice and Disabled Welfare.
- Appointed on March 1, Singh has become the 1st transgender in the state to get a government job.
Dipa Karmakar gets Barbie modeled after her
Gymnast Dipa Karmakar was honored by ‘Barbie’ in celebration of their 60th anniversary and was presented a doll modeled after her. She was part of the ‘Shero’ program launched in 2015 by the company.
Arecanut gets its first GI tag for ‘Sirsi Supari’
The World Intellectual Property Organisation defines GI as a sign used on products that have a specific geographical origin and possess qualities or a reputation that are due to that origin.
- The World Intellectual Property Organisation Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
President Ram Nath Kovind conferred Padma Awards on 47 recipients
- President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the Padma awards on 47 of this year’s 112 recipients at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The remaining winners are likely to be conferred the honor on March 16. The Padma Awards, one of the highest civilian awards of the country, is conferred in three categories — the Padma Vibhushan, the Padma Bhushan, and the Padma Shri.
PM inaugurated Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute of Archaeology
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the new Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute of Archaeology at Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh.
- He also unveiled the statue of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya at the campus. Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute of Archaeology is a state-of-the-art institution that comprises of an auditorium, an open-air theatre, and an Archaeological Museum.
India stands worlds 2nd largest arms importer says SIPRI
- According to the latest report published by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), India was the world’s second largest importer of major arms in 2014–18 and accounted for 9.5% of the global total.
- The institute identified Saudi Arabia, India, Egypt, Australia and Algeria as the 5 top arms importing countries and the United States, Russia, France, Germany and China as the 5 top arms exporting nations.
Jammu and Kashmir government to give monthly stipend and jobs for those who Shun militancy
- Draft on Reintegration proposes a monthly stipend and jobs for those who Shun militancy by the Jammu and Kashmir government.
- The government proposes to offer them a monthly stipend of Rs. 6000 and jobs.
34th edition of AAHAR – International Food and Hospitality fair-begins in New Delhi
- The 34th edition of Aahar – the International Food and Hospitality Fair commenced in New Delhi. The five-day fair, organized by India Trade Promotion Organisation, ITPO, features a wide range of food products, machinery, food and beverages equipment, hospitality and decor solutions, confectionery items from over 560 participants from India and foreign countries.
- The foreign participants in the fair are from countries including China, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Indonesia, Japan, Russia, Spain, USA and UK among others.
Rajasthan Royals sign BookMyShow as exclusive ticketing partner
- Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Rajasthan Royals announced a deal with BookMyShow for the upcoming season of the league. Tickets for Royal’s home matches, which will be held at the Sawai Mansingh stadium in Jaipur from March 25, will go on sale online from 12 March.
Veteran Hindi Newsreader Vinod Kashyap passes away at 88
- Veteran Hindi Newsreader Vinod Kashyap has passed away following a prolonged illness. She was 88. She served All India Radio for about 30 years. The veteran newsreader started her career in Radio as a drama artist.
Rio Olympic silver medallist and three-time cycling world champion Kelly Catlin (23) passed away.
- Rio Olympic silver medallist and three-time cycling world champion Kelly Catlin (23) passed away.
- Catlin was part of the US team pursuit squads that captured world titles in 2016, 2017 and 2018 but she withdrew from the American team that failed to defend the title February 27-28 at the 2019 worlds in Poland.