12th February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 12th February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs.12th February is Darwin Day, The 7th annual World Government Summit is being held in Dubai (UAE) and Awards & Honors
12th February is Darwin Day.
This day is a celebration to commemorate the 210th birth anniversary of Charles Darwin (12 February 1809).
Charles Darwin is best known for his contributions to evolutionary theory.
- Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Mohammad Bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, will be visiting India on his 1st State visit during 19th – 20th February 2019.
- During this visit, the Crown Prince will call on President Ram Nath Kovind and Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu, and hold bilateral talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the wide range of issues of mutual interest.
US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order directing federal agencies to prioritize research and development in Artificial Intelligence (AI).
The 7th annual World Government Summit is being held in Dubai (UAE).
- The World Government Summit is a forum dedicated to shaping the future of governments.
- The Summit is being attended by 4,000 decision-makers from 140 countries including heads of state, ministers and business leaders.
- The aim of this Conference: To provide a unique opportunity for lawyers and associated professional members to exchange insights and expertise on topics of significant importance to all.
- The theme of LAWASIA Human Rights Conference 2019: “State Power, Business and Human Rights: Contemporary Challenges”.
- President Ram Nath Kovind today unveiled the life-size portrait of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee at the Central Hall of Parliament.
- To increase the financial and executive powers of the 10 Autonomous Councils in the Sixth Schedule areas of the northeastern region, the government has introduced the 125th Constitutional Amendment Bill in the Parliament.
- The amendment will impact one crore tribal people in Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, and Mizoram.
Awards & Honors
Noted Indian historian Sanjay Subrahmanyam has won Israel’s prestigious Dan David Prize 2019 for his work on intercultural encounters between Asians, Europeans, and people of North and SouthAmerica during the early modern era.
MOUs & Agreements
- In a bid to fight marine pollution, India today signed a letter of intent with the Norwegian government establishing the India-Norway Marine Pollution Initiative.
- To enable a fair and competitive environment in the e-Marketplace, Government e-Marketplace (GeM) and Competition Commission of India (CCI) entered into a Memorandum of Understanding.
1st mega food park of Himachal Pradesh.
Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated Cremica Food Park, which is the 1st mega food park of Himachal Pradesh.
The Park is located at Village Singha in Una District of Himachal Pradesh.
The mega food park has been set up at a cost of Rs 107.34 crore.
India’s largest telecom operator Vodafone Idea today appointed Suresh Vaswani, an IIT Kharagpur alumnus, as an Independent Director for three years.
A three-day Krishi Kumbh Mela held in Bihar
- Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh along with Bihar Governor Lalji Tandon inaugurated the three-day long Krishi Kumbh Mela in Motihari, Bihar.
- The main objective of the event is promoting modern techniques and diversification in agriculture to help in doubling farmer’s income.
The Union Agriculture Minister, with the support of state Chief Ministers, is set to the implement the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) program in an efficient manner to ensure the expeditious transfer of benefits to farmers
A centrally sponsored scheme under which income support of Rs 6000/- per year (in 3 installments) will be provided to small and marginal farmer families having combined landholding/ownership of up to 2 hectares
African Union elects Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El Sisi as its new chairman
Abdel Fattah El Sisi, the President of Egypt, was elected as the African Union’s new chairman during 32nd AU Summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The Senior National Badminton Championship 2019 has begun today in Guwahati.
The event which is being held in Guwahati after 9 years will see the participation of some of the top players including Saina Nehwal, P V Sindhu, Sameer Verma, and P Kashyap among others.
Australia spin legend Shane Warne named brand ambassador of Rajasthan Royals
On February 10, 2019, Australia spin legend Shane Warne was entitled as the brand ambassador of Rajasthan Royals for the upcoming 12th edition of the Indian Premier League(IPL).
Shane Warne was the captain of Rajasthan Royals for four seasons (2008-2011),
The 11th edition of the IPL had Shane Warne as Rajasthan Royals ‘s mentor.
Rajasthan Royals has decided to change its jersey color from blue to pink this year.