11th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 11th March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
Ashu Khullar appointed as Citibank India CEO
- Citigroup has named Ashu Khullar as the new India head after its current chief executive officer Pramit Jhaveri steps down. Khullar is currently the head of capital markets origination for the Asia-pacific region.
- Citi India’s current CEO Jhaveri will take charge as vice-chairman of banking, capital markets and advisory, Asia Pacific, from April 1.
Citibank Headquarters: New York
Mohammad Shtayyeh as Palestinian PM
- Mohammad Shtayyeh has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Palestine by President of Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas.
- He is going to replace Rami al-Hamdallah, who tendered his resignation from the post 6 weeks ago.
Mubarak appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of El Salvador
Shri B. S. Mubarak, the Indian Foreign Service officer of 2001 batch, is presently the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Guatemala.
Hasmukh Adhia appointed as chancellor of Gujarat Central University
Former finance secretary Hasmukh Adhia has been appointed as the new chancellor of Gujarat Central University for a period of five years.
IDBI Bank extend the tenure of its MD & CEO
IDBI Bank today announced that it is considering to extend the tenure of its Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (MD & CEO) Rakesh Sharma for a period of 3 years. Sharma’s six-month term at IDBI Bank is set to end in April.
Japan announces Rs 22 lakh for Kolkata museum
- The Japanese government announced a donation of some Rs 22 lakh ($31,800) to the Rabindra Bharati Museum in Kolkata in a bid to strengthen historical and cultural ties with India.
- The renovated and refurbished Japan Gallery in the Jorasanko Thakurbari campus of the University will go a long way to commemorate Rabindranath Tagore‘s contribution in the Japan-India relations.
Maneka Gandhi felicitated the 30 winners of the Web Wonder Women contest
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development, Maneka Gandhi, felicitated the 30 winners of the ‘Web Wonder Women’ contest organized by the Ministry of Women and Child Development in New Delhi.
- The women were selected from over 240 nominations received under the categories media, awareness, legal, health, governmental, food, environment, development, business and art.
- About Web Wonder Women Organised in collaboration with Twitter India and Breakthrough India, the event is aimed to recognize the fortitude of Indian women stalwarts from across the globe who have used the power of social media to run positive campaigns to bring a change in the society
India’s 1st holistic LGBTQ clinic and community-based HIV treatment center were inaugurated in Mumbai today. Started by Humsafar Trust, the center will also provide for Antiretroviral Therapy (ART), used in the treatment of HIV.
Science & Technology
IIT Madras has teamed up with sustainable technology company Teerthaa to create a device that can produce potable water from atmospheric air.
The device named ‘NERO’, that will be powered by solar thermal energy, will produce 4 to 5 liters of potable water per day.