10th March 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 10th March 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. We are providing you Today’s Important Current Affairs, which have unique updates of all daily events from all newspapers. It helps you for SSC, Railway, State PSU & all competitive exams. Happy Reading……
Alok Srivastava to head a committee on Comprehensive Insurance Scheme for Advocates
- The government set up a five-member committee headed by Legal Affairs Secretary Alok Srivastava to examine issues related to framing of a structured scheme for providing insurance cover to advocates.
- The committee would also suggest modalities for the implementation of such a scheme and would submit its report within three months.
India Urban Observatory launched
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep S. Puri, in New Delhi, inaugurated state-of-the-art India Urban Observatory, which would plug into the myriad sources of data from cities, both real-time and archived.
- The Observatory will help in getting reliable, the latest information on a meaningful set of indicators over various domains such as transport, health, environment, water, finance, which will assist in developing best practices, future strategies and policy interventions as and when required.
Oceania Nations including Australia will participate in 2022 Asian Games
- Oceania nations, including sporting powerhouse Australia, have been invited to compete in Olympic team events such as football and basketball at the 2022 Asian Games for the first time.
- The invitation to the 2022 Asian Games in China’s Hangzhou is limited to volleyball, beach volleyball, basketball and football, and fencing, ruling out sports such as swimming and track cycling which Australia would be expected to dominate.
Google launches ‘Bolo’ app to help children read in Hindi, English
- Google has launched a new app called Bolo, which aims to help students with their reading and comprehension skills and will help them read out loud in English and in Hindi.
- Bolo will also be a free app and relies on Google’s speech recognition and text-to-speech technology.
Al Nagah III, defense exercise between India and Oman
- Al Nagah III, a 14-day joint defense exercise between India and Oman is scheduled to be held from 12 to 25 March 2019 at Jabel Al Akhdar Mountains in Oman.
- This exercise follows the first two joint exercises that were held in Oman in January 2015 and India in March 2017, respectively.
Awards & Honors
Yashwantrao Chavan National Award 2018’
- Rajan will be presented with the prestigious award at the 106th birth anniversary of Yashwantrao Chavan on March 12.
BBC journalist Priyanka Dubey gets Chameli Devi Jain Award2018
- Priyanka Dubey has been named for the Chameli Devi Jain Award for an Outstanding Woman Journalist for the year 2018.
- Dubey was chosen for her multi-faceted, investigative and interrogative reportage, according to a statement. This award Named after Chameli Devi Jain, a freedom fighter, it is India’s longest running media award for women.
India Bags First Prize at The International ‘Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2019’ at ITB, Berlin
The Ministry of Tourism has won the First Prize in the category of TV Cinema Spot at the prestigious international Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2019.
- The Golden City Gate Tourism Multi-media Awards are given annually in various categories related to the Tourism and Hospitality sectors.
Arata Isozaki won Pritzker Architecture Prize 2019
- Arata Isozaki, a prominent Japanese architect renowned for his versatility and transnational approach to design, has won his field’s highest accolade, the Pritzker Architecture Prize.
- He is the 46th person and eighth Japanese architect to receive the Pritzker Prize.
Maharashtra government launches ‘Atal Aahar Yojna’ for construction workers
- Ahead of the Lok Sabha elections, the Maharashtra government launched a special scheme for construction workers in the state. The scheme, “Atal Aahar Yojna,” will provide good quality and hygienic food to construction workers at a highly subsidized rate(cost of Rs five).
Businesses need to pay up to Rs. 20 for using Aadhaar services: UIDAI
Business organisations using Aadhaar services will now have to pay Rs. 20 for each customer verification and 50 paise for authentication of each transaction carried out by the entities, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) said.