10th February 2019 Daily Current Affairs: Dear Students, Here is 10th February 2019 Daily important Current Affairs. World pulse Day, Yogi Adityanath flags off 33 ‘Sarthi Sandesh Vahini’ vehicles in Gorakhpur, Banking, Business & Economic Affairs etc..
World pulse Day
10th February observed as world pulses Day to continue the important gains made with the 2016 International Year of Pulses.
- The mascot for the 13th Conference of Parties (COP) of the UN Convention is Great Indian Bustard.
- The mascot for the event, Great Indian Bustard has been fondly named as ‘Gibi’.
Yogi Adityanath flags off 33 ‘Sarthi Sandesh Vahini’ vehicles in Gorakhpur
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath flagged off 33 ‘Sarthi Sandesh Vahini’ vehicles in Gorakhpur. A mission named as The ‘Sarthi Sandesh Vahini’ started by the state family welfare department with an aim to spread awareness for family planning in urban and rural areas.
- The Abhiyan is being launched to spread awareness about the various disease and provide medical assistance to the needy.
- The first phase of the campaign has begun on 10 February and it will continue till February 28. The second phase will start from 15 May to 15 June and the third phase will begin from June 1 to June 30.
World champion Indian weightlifter Saikhom Mirabai Chanu win a gold medal at the EGAT Cup in Thailand. Saikhom Mirabai Chanu won the 48kg category gold with an effort of 192 kg in the silver level Olympic qualifying event. Making a strong comeback from the lower back injury that kept her out of action for nearly nine months.
Abu Dhabi has included Hindi as the 3rd official language used in its courts, alongside Arabic and English.
The language’s inclusion is aimed at helping Hindi speakers to learn about litigation procedures, their rights, and duties without a language barrier.
Important Note: The Indian community in the UAE constitutes 30% of the total population.
Banking, Business & Economic Affairs
- The US is planning to withdraw the Generalised System of Preferences (GSP) from India, under
- which the country enjoys zero tariffs on $5.6 billion of exports to the US.
- This comes amidst India’s revised FDI norms for e-commerce firms and data localization of
- global card payments companies like MasterCard and Visa.
- Important Note: India has been the world’s largest beneficiary of GSP.
Actor Mahesh Anand (57), who was known for his roles as a villain in several Bollywood films of the 90s, passed away.